10 Facial masks for men
It’s important not only women but also men take care of their skin, especially because men have 15% oilier skin than women. Men also have considerably rougher skin because of their regular shaving and razor use.
While there are many skincare products in the market to help with men’s skin care, they are rich in chemicals. It’s thus better if men use natural products like a homemade facial mask for cheap protection against skin problems. So here are some useful homemade facial mask recipes worth trying out.
- Thoroughly mash a banana and mix with a tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of yogurt. Apply this mask evenly on the face and leave it on till the skin absorbs it.
- This facemask is great for oily skin. Mix a ripe, mashed tomato with a tablespoon of oatmeal and lemon juice and apply on the face for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of honey and milk, apply and leave on face and throat for 10 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- Mash a fourth of a banana and apply and leave on face for 20 minutes. Rinse off with first warm and then cold water and pat dry.
- A facial mask of one egg and a tablespoon of almond oil mixed thoroughly is great for dry skin. Apply the mask evenly on face and leave for 10-15 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- Clay like kaolin or fuller’s earth mixed with liquid like rose water, distilled water, honey, egg white, egg yolk, witch hazel or aloe Vera is great for oily skin. Apply the smooth paste on the skin and wash it off after it gets dry and tight.
- Mix mashed pineapple, banana and strawberry over the face and leave for 10-15 minutes and wash off with water. It is great for skin as it makes skin soft and smooth.
- Beat equal quantities of milk and honey to s smooth paste and apply to the face and neck with a flat brush. Rinse off after 10 minutes for an instant glow to the face.
- Use flesh of half papaya and a tablespoon of plain yoghurt mask for exfoliating dead skin. Just apply to the face and rinse off with warm water after ten minutes.
- Take sufficient cornmeal for the face and mix with water to form a thick, tight paste. Apply on the face using a circular motion and rinse off with water after 10 -15 minutes.
These are a few homemade facial masks which are great for the face. Though there are loads of men’s skincare products in the market, these homemade recipes are not only easy to make and use, they help you save money.