10 signs you’re sabotaging your skin
There’s so much of information on how you should take care of your skin on the internet. However despite all this, many make big skincare mistakes. So look out for these tell-tale signs if you are one of those sabotaging your skin!
- Fine lines and crow’s feet are the first signs of aging which appear when you squint or smile and is common in your mid-30s. However various habits quicken the process like overexposure to the sun and an unhealthy lifestyle. So if you notice them in your 20s, you need to change your lifestyle and start using a night cream.
- Black and whiteheads are accumulated dead skin cells and oil at the skin follicle. Cleansing your skin twice a day and exfoliation once a week helps keep your pores clean and get rid of them.
- If you eat well and follow a good skincare routine and still break out with acne every week, your beauty regimen may be the problem. Over-exfoliating is one common cause as it stimulates the sebaceous glands to lead to more oil production and eventual breakouts.
- Sun damage leads to skin peeling, which can be prevented with the three-hour sunscreen reapplication rule. It’s better to use a water resistant product and moisturizer for longer skin protection.
- Exposure to the sun’s harsh UV rays can trigger melanin production and patchy and dull skin. While applying enough sunscreen is a good idea, you need to wear a skin lightening lotion like Vaseline Healthy White for healthy and glowing skin.
- Indian summers lead to t-zone tanning which can be avoided by keeping your skin well-moisturized and using adequate sunscreen. Also exfoliate once a week to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Callouses or dark skin on the elbows and knees indicate your skin needs moisture. So exfoliate these areas often enough and moisturize them after your shower with a good skin care lotion.
- Most people ignore their lips in their skincare routine, and its thin skin makes your lips even more susceptible to dryness. As winter brings along chapped lips, it’s important that you use a lip balm which not only coats your lips, but also instantly softens and soothes it while repairing your lip barrier.
- You can check if your skin is very dry by running a fingernail over your skin. If a white line appears, it’s dry and is usually because of harsh cleansers and hot showers. It also clearly indicates you need a good moisturizer like Vaseline Deep Restore which is infused with multi-layer moisture and nutrients which penetrate deep into the skin to give you healthy, smooth and soft skin.
- If you have cracked heels, don’t worry, you can make them smooth with some time and a product to lock in the moisture. Make soaking your feet in a bucket of warm water and some essential oils in the weekends a weekend habit, and follow it with an application of moisture-locking products like petroleum jelly. You’ll soon have much smoother heels!