5 Skin care tips for busy moms
A mom is a new phase in a woman’s life. She now has to take care of herself and her bundle of joy, which means making major changes to her everyday routine. This spans past infanthood till the child is old enough to fend for themselves.
So amidst all her chores and responsibilities, she may not place much emphasis on her skincare. However you need to know that there are some skincare tips you can use as a mom, which doesn’t take up much of your time.
- There’s no need to follow a complex skincare routine. As long as you know your skin type, you can implement a daily routine you can easily follow and maintain. You can start by choosing and using a cleanser, toner and moisturizer which supports your skin. Three piece starter kits offered by some companies like Control offers a great start to an effective skincare routine for all types of skin.
- If you can’t find time to attend to your skincare rituals, you could involve your family in it too. Your baby will be more than happy to apply a ‘funny’ face mask on you and even get one themselves. You can also bond well with your little one during your bath time where they will mimic your routine, which you can follow up with a moisturizing massage.
- As moms can hardly find time to sit down for a meal, it’s important you learn how to snack smart. All the snacks you have in between should fill up all your nutritional gaps. Instead of snacking on salty snacks, stock up your home with skin super foods.
Suggestions are blueberries which are hydrating and anti-inflammatory, carrots which have sun absorbing beta carotene, cucumber which is hydrating and rich in silica and pumpkin seeds as they are rich in omega 3s, needed for building collagen and tightening the skin.
- While you may not be able to afford a regular facial, you can get pampered at home. If you don’t look great after a sleepless night, try this quick-fix. Just leave a metal spoon in the freezer for a few hours.
Then after applying your regular moisturizer, use the frozen spoon to massage the moisturizer into the skin in all the puffy regions. Make sure you gently press in circular motions; this helps in reducing puffiness while increasing circulation and imparting an instant glow.
- As it may be difficult for you to get your recommended eight hours of sleep, it’s enough time to maintain your complexion’s health at night. As your skin rejuvenates itself at night, apply some intense moisturizer like Control Anti-Wrinkle Face and Neck Cream at night and you will wake up looking refreshed even if your body doesn’t!