Avoid these 7 mistakes in your nighttime routine
Whether you like it or not, your nighttime skincare routine has a great impact on how you look when you wake up. So no matter how tired you may be, you have to follow a good nighttime routine. If you are doing these 7 mistakes, you now know why you don’t look so refreshed and great when you wake up in the mornings!
1. Not flossing every night not only causes bad breath and gum disease, but also makes you look older. Without flossing, you leave 40% of the tooth surface dirty and overgrowth of plaque leads to gingivitis or first stage gum disease.
This leads to more space and less or uneven gum tissue which makes you look older.Moreover, if gum disease eats your bone, it leads to changes in facial appearance which even plastic surgery may not be able to save.
- Not taking off your makeup clogs pores and leaves free radicals on the skin, which can cause acne and a duller complexion to make you look older. If you don’t have the energy for a full wash, at least use a makeup remover wipe.
- Not tying up your hair, leads to hair oil clogging your pores and triggering potential acne problems. Just make sure you tie your hair up loosely to prevent damage to hair strands.
- Using your day moisturizer at night is a no-no as most of them contain sunscreen which is unnecessary at night when you are indoors, and the skin is repairing itself. The sunscreen puts additional strain to the restoration system, which is not good for your skin at all.
- Not massaging your face is a huge mistake to make as a little 3 minute massage is relaxing, and all it takes to relieve congestion on your facial skin.
- Not using retinoid is another mistake to make as this is the single most effective anti-aging product available today. So as long as you aren’t pregnant or breastfeeding, do apply one before going to bed.
- Too much of anything is bad, including exfoliation. Though removing dull, dead skin does help you look glowy, you only need to exfoliate once or twice a week. This is especially so if you are past your 20s as your skin already starts losing its elasticity when you are in your 30s. Too much of exfoliation can lead to rupture of capillaries and worsen the appearance of fine lines.