Hair removal can be less painful
No matter if you like it or not, you need to tolerate the pain of all the unwanted body and hair removal options for smooth skin. You need to go through the ordeal of waxing pain, razor burns and bumps and even ingrown hairs just to have smooth skin.
If you are tired of tolerating and going through all this pain, here are some innovative tactics a grooming expert and aesthetician has to offer to reduce the pain.
- Start exfoliating your skin long before you start waxing. This means you need to exfoliate your skin surface about a week before a wax so that the hair comes out cleanly. You can prevent the chances of any ingrown hairs this way.
- Applying an exfoliating acid serum and a body lotion immediately after your shower every day helps dissolve all the surface dead skins which trap hairs under the skin. This helps reduce the pain of ingrown hair if you shave to remove all your unwanted hair.
- If you are prone to sensitivity, ingrown hairs and bumps, it’s better to use an emollient-based shaving cream instead of regular shaving cream. The benefit of using this cream is that it provides for a comfortable shave by conditioning the skin before shaving and thus softening the hair and hair follicle.
By applying an emollient-based shaving cream the hair and follicle is softened so that there is less irritation when the razor glides across the skin. Look for gel-based shaving creams which lubricate and soften well as typical foam shaving creams are not emollient enough. This lets the razor glide easily across the skin to reduce irritation.
- Use a moisturizer containing aloe and chamomile to soothe the skin and prevent it from getting inflamed. This in turn helps keep the skin soft and calm.
- You can try out some of the products in the market like Tend Skin which is an amazing product for dealing with ingrown hair and razor bumps associated with bikini waxes. While this was accidently discovered at a dentist’s office, it does now help reduce the itchiness and redness of shaving and other hair removal options.
So if you have always dreaded removing your hair for its pain, and have always wondered if it was possible to remove unwanted hair without any pain, you’ve finally found your answer. It’s left to you to try and find out which method helps reduce the pain and discomfort during your hair removal session.