5 neck skin care tips worth knowing
You are always working hard at protection and caring for your facial skin and face. However the neck needs the same attention as they show signs of aging even quicker than your face does. So here are some tips to help you protect your necks.
- First and foremost, sunscreen is very essential and important. With time, sun burns lead to signs of photo damage on your neck like mottled pigmentation, brown spots, broken capillaries and even skin cancer.
The chance of this damage is higher if you always wear V-necks or button down shirts which expose your skin to the sun. If you think procedures like Botox and laser resurfacing can improve the photo damage appearance, the difference between your neck and facial skin indicates your age.
- As the neck has fewer sebaceous glands than your facial skin, it’s more susceptible to dryness, irritation and consequent scarring. Wear facial SPF and very gentle cleansers on the neck to protect your neck from dryness.
- Use the right products on your neck like Nectifirm by Revision which has plant extracts, peptides and antioxidants which help firm the skin. The neck cream from Strivectin contains plant extracts, emollients and other ingredients which improve the appearance of elasticity and strengthens the skin matrix.
- Check the ingredients in neck creams. While creams containing antioxidants and ingredients which stimulate collagen are okay, be careful of products containing retinol or AHAs as they cause more dryness and neck skin irritation.
- Reducing your skin time helps a lot with neck skin care. The repetitive movement and contraction of the neck skin while looking down at your computer or phone for long periods of time can cause skin lines and wrinkles over time.
Of course, this is also determined by genetics and age. SPF is your best friend here as all those premature lines caused by your hunching over your message feeds get worse through sun damage. The daily use of SPF helps protect the skin from sun damage and in the process, causes collagen breakdown and eventually gets rid of lines and laxity.
So taking a look at all these tips, it’s proven that a sunscreen is your best friend for protecting your neck. With sunscreen present in practically everything, you should therefore not find it difficult making it a habit to protect your skin and in the process, prevent the formation of wrinkles and fine lines on your neck.